TeraCopy, a Windows application, is a compact program designed to copy and move files inside windows at the maximum possible speed. It provides a lot of addition features than the default copy and move dialog.
Tera Copy is free for home users. Pro version is also available, details below.
TeraCopy replaces the Windows default file transfer dialog, with its own.
TeraCopy’s main features are:
- Copy files faster. TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives.
- Pause and resume file transfers. Pause copy process at any time to free up system resources and continue with a single click.
- Error recovery. In case of copy error, TeraCopy will try several times and in the worse case just skips the file, not terminating the entire transfer.
- Interactive file list. TeraCopy shows failed file transfers and lets you fix the problem and recopy only problem files.
- Shell integration. TeraCopy can completely replace Explorer copy and move functions, allowing you work with files as usual.
You can also buy a Pro version of the program that lets you do the following:
- Copy/move to favorite folders.
- Select files with the same extension/same folder.
- Remove selected files from the copy queue.
- Get free updates and priority support.