You can get a direct link to the Twitter tweet or Facebook status update to directly access that particular entity directly via accessing the link. This is useful if you want to refer a particular tweet or status to someone, you can send them the direct link to it. So that they can quickly access it.
In blogging world this is mainly used to participate in giveaways by entering the link of the particular tweet which was required to get into the competition organized by various blogs. It’s easy to get the direct link to particular Twitter tweet or Facebook status update.
How to get Direct Link to a Particular Tweet
1. Login to your Twitter account
2. Goto your profile page
3. Click on the ‘date & time‘ text below the tweet of which you want the direct link
4. A new page will open. Copy the link at the browser address bar, it is direct link to the tweet.
How to get Direct Link to Particular Facebook Status Update
1. Login to you Facebook account
2. Goto your wall
3. Click on the ‘date & time‘ text below the facebook status of which you want the direct link
A new page will open. Copy the link in browser address bar, it is the direct link to Facebook Status.